[Dixielandjazz] fake books

AL LEVY jazz_man at ix.netcom.com
Tue Nov 20 12:16:03 PST 2007

First, Thank you Craig for the mentions.
I thought I might explain why and how + the philosophy.
I created the "electronic" fake books for me. The paper
copies were falling apart. So far I've done six + the Real
Book. Someone asked to buy one so I listed them on
my website. I still have about twelve books to go.

Each "book" has between 500 and 1,000 tunes.
I notated each song in Finale and I did NOT correct the
chords even though I thought of it. It would have taken
much too long. Each book took about eight months to
complete. All the fake books include melody, chord
symbols and lyrics. Composer credits are listed if they
were in the original. Shows, movies etc. are also listed if
they were listed on the original copies.

I have all in C but some in Eb and Bb. No bass clef yet.
I created .pdf files and a .pdf INDEX.

If you click on a title in the index the song pops up on the screen.
If you click on the page number in the song, the next page pops up.
If you click on the title in the song the next tune in alpha order pops
up. So, you can scroll thru the book by pages or by titles.

All the songs have a credit that reads "transcribed by". Click on that
line and you are back to the index.

I even hid a few midi files that will play if you click on ... I won't give that
away. I charge $15.00 per book (on cd) + $4.00 p/h

P.S. Setting up the index and all the links takes about a week.
Cheers,
Al
Pianist, Composer, Arranger, Conductor, Teacher and Music Prep.
Please visit me at
http://alevy.com