[Dixielandjazz] Louis Armstrong Payroll Sheet

Steve Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Mon Nov 19 06:45:00 PST 2007

List Mates:

Got this from Jean in France who identified some of the players in
Armstrong's Band listed on the payroll sheet jpg, dated October 1945.

Cheers,
Steve Barbone

"As someone in the forum wondered about WHO was on that payroll.........
I can say great trombone man Russell "big Chief" MOORE was sittin' in as
R.MOORE His fellows trombonists were Adam MARTIN and Norman POWE and maybe
an unknown (for me) fourth. (I'm a bone player)

Lead trumpeter was Andrew "Fats" FORD, Lester CURRENT (tp), Ernest Thompson
(s), Edward SWANSTON (p), Elmer WARNER (g), Donald HILL (s) are familiar for
my knowledge. Not to name Velma MIDDLETON and Joseph "Joe" GARLAND."