[Dixielandjazz] Milt Bernhart was Frank Rosolino

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Sun Nov 18 15:32:27 PST 2007

Steve Barbone forwarded  the following [extract snipped]:
>  But there was nothing quaint about the solo halfway through Frank
> Sinatra's classic version of I've Got You Under My Skin, with which
> Milt Bernhart,,,,,,,created something.........electrifying .........
> Recorded on January 12 1956, during one of five sessions that produced
> the album Songs For Swingin' Lovers, I Got You Under My Skin is one of
> Sinatra's finest performances.

Dear Steve,
We learn something every day.
I have that fine Sinatra CD (surprised?) and have occasionally wondered
about the trombone solo, but never enough to do the research.
Playing it now.
Thanks.
So far as Frank Rosolino is concerned, I must have lead a very
sheltered jazz life.
Until this current DJML thread I had never heard of him. True.
Post-Gene Krupa, June Christie, Georgie Auld, Buddy Rich, et al don't
belong in my jazz lexicon
8>)
Kind regards,
Bill (mouldie fygge).