[Dixielandjazz] NERO and WAV files

Fr M J (Mike) Logsdon mjl at ix.netcom.com
Sat Nov 17 09:32:13 PST 2007

> I have not yet upgraded to NERO 7 or 8, but NERO 6 (the full version from AHEAD software) definitely will generate WAV files from audio CD's.
>
> Double click on the StartSmart icon, select CD, choose the music note (Audio), and choose "Convert Audio CD's to Audio Files."
>
> PHIL WILKING

Thanks to all who replied, but I only needed to read this tip from Phil
to get onto the right scent.  I use Nero Express 6, the creators of
which must have learned their upgrading skills from Bill Gates, as
something so straightforward as what Phil relates has been renamed and
buried several layers deeper than where it should logically be.  But
it's there.  Under the "music note", choose "Make Audio CD", click on
"More" at the bottom of what comes up, and choose "Save Tracks" (making
sure you already have a CD in the drive, or it will tell you there isn't
one).  Simply choose the output file type and destination on your hard
drive, and you're off.

Whew!

Thanks again, all!