[Dixielandjazz] Bechet's sarrusophone

Larry Walton Entertainment - St. Louis larrys.bands at charter.net
Fri Nov 16 10:42:05 PST 2007

Since it had a conical bore like the other instruments like the Oboe and Sax
it I would think that it's an over blowing instrument like the sax and oboe.
That is an octave unlike the straight clarinet that jumps a 12th.  Is that
correct?

Does anyone know why the clarinet with it's straight bore jumps a 12th but
the flute over blows at the octave with a straight bore also?

Larry
St. Louis