[Dixielandjazz] Keppard's output.

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Mon Nov 5 14:08:02 PST 2007

> *TWO* GHB Black Swan CDs???  Did I miss the second one???
> Apparently!!!

Dear Mike,
Yes. There are two.
Johnny Dodds. Paramount Recordings
Volume 1.  Black Swan BSCD-32  issued 1999
Volume 2.  Black Swan BSCD-33  issued 2003
As you didn't answer my question about "which sides" and you only have
one CD, which I assume must be the earlier Vol 1, there is a choice of
two sessions.
Freddie Keppard's Jazz Cardinals and Jimmie Blythe and his Ragamuffins.
Keppard has to be on the first session as it is under his name.
So far as the Blythe is concerned the jury is still out regarding
Keppard's presence.
However, I have never been able to accept that he could be on "Adam's
Apple", unless he was very, very unwell.
If you have Vol. 2 then the choice would be the Jasper Taylor record
with "Stomp Time Blues/It Must Be The Blues".
More like Keppard to my ears but, again, the jury is still out.
Kind regards,
Bill.