[Dixielandjazz] The art of recording

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Thu Nov 1 02:07:45 PDT 2007

Marek Boym wrote [in part]:
And, still, I, for one, as a listener, would have preferred to hear all
the separate takes.

Dear Marek,
You can.
The alternate of "Atlanta Blues" without the overdub is on European LP
(CBS 450981 1) and CD (450981 2) and US Columbis (CK 40242).
As are most of the other tunes from the 'WC Handy' album.
Unfortunately, for "St Louis Blues" it appears that only a a spliced
alternate exists.
My quick check just now indicates that this splice occurs just before
Bigard's solo and that the latter half is different.
(Although, I could be wrong.)
Kind regards,
Bill.