[Dixielandjazz] Murphy bio.

Fr M J (Mike) Logsdon mjl at ix.netcom.com
Wed May 30 23:55:25 PDT 2007

Jokingly, I'm often referred to by my friends as a "Turk Murphy expert".
Proof of the joke is that I know virtually nothing about Turk personally.
Which leads me to....

There have been books written about the Watters/Murphy millieu, but NONE
written as direct biography about any of the principal players.  When will
THE Lu Watters biography be written?  THE Murphy biography?  THE Helm
biography?

If I had the time, money, and inclination, I'd do it in a heartbeat,
considering where I live, who I know, etc.  But with each passing year, I
can't help wondering:  Will precious living memory as regards the
Watters-Murphy clan be truly lost?

Sorry for moaning.  I just want something more than *Turk Murphy: Just for
the Record* (an admirable, but virtually pointless book) and that Buchanan
volume on the Yerba Buenans on my shelf.  (No offense to my Down Under
friends if I say the Buchanan volume is interesting, but not terribly
well-written.),
----
Etc,

Fr M J (Mike) Logsdon, Vicar-general
North American Old Roman Catholic Church (Utrecht Succession)
Archdiocese of California
www.naorc.org

"Simplicity, when it is not a careless gift of the Muse, is the last and
most painful achievement of conscientious self-denial." - James Russell
Lowell.