[Dixielandjazz] Re. Sacramento Bee Article - Jonathan Russell & Youth Bands at Jubilee

Nancy Giffin NANCYink at surewest.net
Wed May 30 00:44:02 PDT 2007

Hi everyone,

For those who are curious to see Jonathan Russell performing, I have
uploaded a video clip to YouTube of "How High the Moon" (not OKOM, but very
nice tune!) taken at the Jubilee during Jonathan's set with Vince Bartels'
Migrant Jazz Workers. The photos you saw in the Sacramento Bee were taken at
this set. See below for video clip description and for other musicians'
names. FYI: I had authorization from STJS to film this video, and all
musicians gave permission for it to appear on YouTube.
Love and hugs,
Nancy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ifoe3TULN6M

Vince Bartels' Migrant Jazz Workers perform "How High the Moon" at the 2007
Sacramento Jazz Jubilee, featuring special guests John Cocuzzi on vibraphone
and 12-year-old Jonathan "Jazz" Russell on violin. Eddie Higgins (piano),
Russ Phillips (trombone), Jennifer Leitham (bass), Vince Bartels (drums),
Jonathan Russell (violin), Davy Jones (trumpet), Allan Vache (clarinet), and
John Cocuzzi (vibes). Sac. Convention Ctr. venue sponsored by The Golden 1
Credit Union. The Sac. Jazz Jubilee takes place every year during Memorial
Day Weekend.
http://www.vincebartels.com
http://www.johncocuzzimusic.com
http://www.jonathanjazz.com