[Dixielandjazz] "Hanky Panky"

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Tue May 29 15:57:14 PDT 2007

> Don't think this is what you are looking for, but here is a radio show
> that
> has been using "Hanky Panky" recently.
>     http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brian_Wilshire<

Dear Ginny,
Spot on!!!
In my usual tunnel-visioned way (when it comes to jazz), I assumed that
the original question to me referred to Pete Fountain playing "Hanky
Panky" as a theme to an old US radio show.
Not so, as you have so cleverly pointed out with the above Brian
Wiltshire link.
Brian Wiltshire currently uses a Pete Fountain version of "Hanky Panky"
as the theme for his radio show here in Sydney, Australia.
I have never, ever, listened to Mr Wiltshire's evening program, and am
never likely to.
He is, by all accounts, an acid-tongued talk-back radio shock-jock,
regularly criticised for his deliberately outrageous, obnoxious,
political right-wing (often racist) views on just about everyone and
everything featured in our local-issue media reports.
Further discussion has revealed that what my mate really wanted was
information regarding the Fountain recording used on the Wiltshire
program and for which another Oz mate, DJMLer Phil O'Rourke, provided
available details to the list several days ago.
All I need now it to establish if the 1967 Pete Fountain Coral LP was
released locally, then find someone who has a copy. It may even have
been reissued on CD.
What a great list.
At least, unintentionally, I set off a seemingly popular new DJML
thread.
Bill.