[Dixielandjazz] Hanky Panky

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Mon May 28 16:28:22 PDT 2007

> How about "Ballin' the Jack"?

Dear Nancie,
Naughty girl!
8>)
"Ballin' The Jack" is about a dance.
Kind regards,
Bill.

"BALLIN' THE JACK"
(1913. James Henry Burris, lyrics-Chris Smith, music)

 From coast to coast, from Canada to Mexico,
they're doing a new dance the tried and true.
Yes, it will sweep the land, and you'll think it's so grand.
You'll have to learn how to do it, so pleasedon't poo poo it.
'Cause we got this little dance, it's gonna rise to fame.
It's sure to put most any other dance to shame.
The Turkey Trot, the Bunny Hug, the Tickly Toe,
will be forgotten when we start to go. Mr. Leader,
won't you start the syncopation,
and we'll begin our little demonstration.

Chorus:
Now, first, you put your two knees close up tight,
then you sway 'em to the left, and you sway 'em to the right.
Step around the floor kinda nice
and light then you twist around and twist around with all of your might.
Stretch your lovin' arms straight out in space,
then you do the Eagle Rock with style and grace.
Swing your foot way 'round and bring it back,
now that's what I call Ballin' the Jack