[Dixielandjazz] Where is that girl who was stolen from me

Ivor Jones banjones at sapo.pt
Mon May 28 07:02:11 PDT 2007

Please does anybody know the composer, date, and publisher of  ' Where is that girl who was stolen from me ' I can find no info about it in Google except that it has been recorded by the Savoy Habana band and is in fact on youtube. We, ' OO-BOOP-I-DO ' a ten piece hot dance band, are giving a concert at a new local Concert Hall and need to provide a playing list to the local council. The rest of the tunes are easy to find, being mainly Ellington, Henderson, Whiteman, Spencer Williams, and Morton compositions with a few songs from the 1920 musicals. Try as we may, information about the 'subject' tune escapes us.

Some help would be gratefully received, and I can Oz-ard a guess who will respond.

With best wishes to you all

Ivor