[Dixielandjazz] Doin IT - Was -The Importance of Vocals

L Patrick Briody lpbriody at yahoo.com
Mon May 28 06:55:03 PDT 2007

Then there was "Ain't Gonna Give Yo Some of My Jelly-Roll".  I also recall an expression, "Yacky Footchy", which had a Mandarin sexual connotation when spoken with the right tonal qualities.  There was the dance, Hokey Pokey, which was not a double entendre unless it could be interpreted to mean a jail for some mid-westerners.
  Regards,
  Pat

Steve Barbone <barbonestreet at earthlink.net> wrote:
  Most popular music today, if not all, are vocals. The audience loves vocals.

Thus it follows that if you have a band, you damn well should do vocals, if
you wish to appeal to mass audiences.

Especially songs about "doin it" as Kash asked for.

How about these which are linked to "doin it".

Doin The Raccoon. (beastiality? -Just kidding)
Let's Fall In Love. (Birds do it, Bees do it., etc.)
Love For Sale
I Wish I Were In Love Again (they way it feels . . when love congeals . . .
the faint aroma of performing seals etc)
If I Had You
It's Tight Like That
I Loves You Porgy
How Come Ya Do Me

Must be thousands of songs out there that relate to "doin it" in one way or
another, especially from Tin Pan Alley, whose main message was sexuality,
same as the popular songs of today's generation. :-) VBG

Cheers,
Steve Barbone