[Dixielandjazz] Hanky Panky & Makin' Whoopee

Norman Vickers nvickers1 at cox.net
Mon May 28 06:04:24 PDT 2007

Jim Kashishian  wrote-

whatsoever (sorry, Bill).  However, the title of that song is fun, and means
the same thing (in U.S. slang, anyway) as "Makin' Whoopee".

>>Can anyone think of more titles with slang references to "doing it"?  Keep

it in Our Style, no fair bringing in rap, etc.   :>

Norman's response:

In the tune " My Handy man" the woman sings  something to the effect"  I
gets my ashes hauled"  There's another  tune " You can't put your bread in
my oven."

So many of the 1920s and 1930s songs, especially on the "race records" had
double entendres.

I see no end to this thread and look for much amusement and some
enlightenment.

I realize that Jim asked "titles" related to "doing it" but why not expand
to song content and make a longer list.?

Norman-just do it!--Vickers

F. Norman Vickers

3720 McClellan Road

Pensacola, FL 32503-3412

850-432-9743 (home)

850-324-5022 (cell)

850-433-8382 ( Jazz Society of Pensacola)

nvickers1 at cox.net ( that's ONE not L)

www.jazzpensacola.com