[Dixielandjazz] Elderhostel Big Bands

Randy Fendrick jfendrick at bak.rr.com
Sat May 26 14:40:37 PDT 2007

My wife has been trying to get me to become involved in the Elderhostel
movement and as a result I got their catalogue and noticed that there
are several Elderhostel big bands.  Does anyone know anything about
these things.  I read a guys review about his stay, but I would like to
talk to someone to find out about the caliber of the charts,
musicianship, etc., I spent some 30 years of my life playing in big
bands, some with great charts others with yuck charts, so I am curious.
  I would like to play in a big band for a week or two, but I don't want
to spend a week from hell!  Comments would be appreciated either on or
off list,
later,
rf
Randy Fendrick