[Dixielandjazz] Musical ADHD

Larry Walton Entertainment - St. Louis larrys.bands at charter.net
Sat May 26 09:36:50 PDT 2007

There is a friend of mine, Chris Putsche, who is a talented trombone player
here in St. Louis  had a group with three other guys that all had excellent
voices.  I have a CD with them singing very tight harmony.  They are the
exception.

Personally I wish I had a better voice but the show must go on and I am
finding that what I do translates into more gigs.

Girl singers can be a pain and require very careful tending much like a rose
garden.  From the very first I have tried to have a girl singer.  Almost
universally they end up not being worth it because they just aren't
professional.  The girls have other issues too.  Getting pregnant is one.  I
had a great singer that got pregnant and everything was great.  No one said
a word and flocks of ladies came around with "when are you due and what do
you want?"  Blah, Blah, Blah.  All of a sudden we found ourselves with out
any gigs.  The clients wanted the singer and they thought she wouldn't be
available for their party and as a result we lost a ton of work.  Word to
the wise. Never put a pregnant girl on the stage with you.  Then there are
boy friends who don't want their girlfriend up in front of people.  Then
there was the aspiring model who thought she was the world's gift.  The
first singer I had was turning tricks in the parking lot.  Then there are
those who just don't show up.

I think the perfect singer would be a great looking Lesbian who hated kids,
men, her family, liked OKOM and was in it for the money.

But having said all that they can sell a band better than some old guy with
a horn.
Larry