[Dixielandjazz] Hates and warnings

Norman Vickers nvickers1 at cox.net
Sat May 26 06:46:56 PDT 2007

Listmates-It has been interesting reading your-extended and sometimes
heated-exchanges about music you love and music you hate.  Also interesting
that some of you need to "warn" others about music they should avoid at all
costs.  I find that I have no enthusiasm to enter into these discussions
myself.  I served a six year "sentence" on the local symphony board and
found, to my surprise, that the classical audience had similar strong
feelings.  Many of them "hated" any music written after 1850!

I wish to close  my brief note with a couple of quotes from the late record
producer Gus Statiras: ( maybe not original with him, either)

--That's the reason that there are 37 varieties of ice cream.  Not everyone
likes vanilla.

--If we depended on the "true" jazz fans, we'd go broke!

Norman-lemme decide for myself what I like--Vickers