[Dixielandjazz] Sun Valley Oct

David Dustin postmaster at fountainsquareramblers.org
Tue May 22 19:13:20 PDT 2007

Jude wrote:

A lot of English people like travelling to the US festivals but really only
know about New Orleans Sacto and San Diego.  Now's a good time to entice us
over as (not wishing to rub it in) we get about $2 for ?1 !

===============
Jude, now¹s your chance. You and Tony can reverse the revolution and buy the
bloody colony back at 50 cents on the dollar! Was in France last month and
at $1.34 to the Euro all I can say is $6 for a half-ounce of espresso makes
for rather a rather pricey visit, especially in the company of the mother of
my children, a woman with a $20-a-day caffeine habit who lives for venti (32
oz., HONEST!) non-fat lattes at every Starbucks she encounters here in the
US. Which I used to think surreally expensive (no more). Derided symbol of
Yankee imperialism or no, if it hadn¹t been for ³McDo² (what the French call
McDonald¹s), I swear we would have starved. We¹d rather have eaten at Le
Bistro de la Bonne Crevette all the time, but every meal at those charming
places required a bank loan. Next time I¹m heading for that OKOM festival in
Budapest and stocking up on goulash and doner kebab and good local beer.

David Dustin