[Dixielandjazz] George Lewis

Fred Spencer drjz at bealenet.com
Mon May 21 20:31:46 PDT 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: <brian at radiojazz.co.uk>
To: <drjz at bealenet.com>
Sent: Monday, May 21, 2007 3:38 AM
Subject: [Dixielandjazz] George Lewis

Dear Brian,
Did your infomation on Dorothy Tait come from "George Lewis.A Jazzman From
New Orleans" (University of California Press, 1977)? There is quite a bit
about her there. This also contains "interviews with George Lewis" and "A
statement by Lewis on jazz and the best way to play it, Notes, Bibliography,
and a "complete... discography." Altogether a better book, I think.
Jay Allison and Ann Fairbarn--"Both of these authors' names are pseudonyms
for Dorothy Tait." (David Horn. "The Literature of American Music"
(Scarecrow Press, 1977). Cheers.
Fred