[Dixielandjazz] Sacramento Jazz Jubilee, Not just banjos and pizza

Robert S. Ringwald robert at ringwald.com
Thu May 17 18:14:27 PDT 2007

>From The Davis Enterprise.
Thursday May 17, 2007

Not just banjos and pizza! Sacramento annual Jazz Jubilee aggressively moves
beyond its Dixieland roots

In Sacramento, Memorial Day weekend means the annual Jazz Jubilee.
Ever since 1974, Sacramento has hosted one of the world's largest and most
prestigious
international jazz festivals. Over the years, the Jazz Jubilee has been
characterized
as a Dixieland festival; while that remains true to a degree, these days
you'll hear
much more. Fans will find blues, zydeco, swing, ragtime and gospel, along
with international,
mainstream and modern jazz.

For more of this story, click on or type the URL below:

http://www.davisenterprise.com/articles/2007/05/17/features/228fea.txt

--Bob Ringwald K6YBV
916/806-9551
www.ringwald.com
--
Leader, The Fulton Street Jazz Band
www.fultonstreetjazz.com

"The bottom line of any country is, what did we contribute to the world?
We contributed Louis Armstrong." Tony Bennett  --