[Dixielandjazz] Getting The Youth Into OKOM; How Do We Get It Done?

BillSargentDrums at aol.com BillSargentDrums at aol.com
Mon May 14 18:37:28 PDT 2007

<<   Lately there's been a lot of talk about why the youth  of
today needs to be involved in OKOM. We've all agreed that it
needs to  be done, what bands(or organizations) have a plan of
action to get this plan  in motion? How do you personally feel
that this task should be accomplished  and how would you go about
conquering the obstacles? At the local jazz club  in my
city(Denver) I see the crowds aging and shrinking but really not
a  whole lot of younger audience members with a real interest for
the music  other than the youth bands.

Mike>>

I wrote an article with the only real solution . . . and it's one that  works
. . . that is published in the American Rag this month, May 2007. It's on
pages 2, 3 & 4.

You folks want to change this situation, I suggest you take the time to  seek
this out, actually read it and take it to heart.

Bill
414-777-0100
cell 414-305-6955
BillSargent.com