[Dixielandjazz] Additional Important Info Regarding Banjos

Fred Spencer drjz at bealenet.com
Mon May 14 08:22:30 PDT 2007

Mazow, Leo G. Picturing the Banjo. University Park, The Pennsylvania State
University Press, 2005. xvi, 179 pp., illus., index.

"Published in conjunction with an exhibition of the same name, Picturing the
Banjo offers the first examination of the instrument's depiction in images
that range from anonymous photographs of performers to paintings by Thomas
Eakins and prints by Dox Thrash [and] Leo G, Mazow." The 120 illustrations
in this handsome volume, which are mostly in color, are accompanied by a
liberal text; Notes; Selected Bibliography.

Cheers. Fred