[Dixielandjazz] 20s-30s pop tunes needed

David W. Littlefield dwlit at patriot.net
Tue May 8 06:18:06 PDT 2007

To devotees of 20s-early 30s pop, show, dance orch. tunes: I'm sure
you have favorite tunes DJML jazzers wouldn't consider playing;
here's you're chance to advance the cause by helping me with my new fake book.

I'm working on my "20s-30s Fake Book" and am fishing for good tunes
I've forgotten or have overlooked altogether. I say "forgotten"
because I don't get much chance to listen to my CD reissues. Last
week someone sent me sheet music of "Do something", a very nice tune
recorded by Helen Kane, who also did "I'd do anything for you", which
is more a novelty tune; I've been too busy doing other books to root
through my 20s collection, so I forgot these tunes.

I propose to send anyone interested 2 lists: 1. tunes for which the
sheets are ready to print; 2. tunes I plan to include, sheets of most
have been made, but they require note and chord verification.

If you don't wanna go through the lists, just send me the titles,
preferably with composer and/or recording artist.

Thanks.

--Sheik
Dave Littlefield banjo, piano, guitar, washboard
http://americanmusiccaravan.com