[Dixielandjazz] FW: Children's jazz books

Jim Kashishian jim at kashprod.com
Sun May 13 08:44:51 PDT 2007

>From today's NYTimes Book Review: http://tinyurl.com/26lmqf
Jerry Gordon, Troy, NY

First in the list of books is "Charlie Parker Played Bebop".  My daughter
has a Master's degree in children's literature & works in a children's
bookshop in Richmond (outside of London).  She gave me the book as a gift
awhile back.  It is one of those books for the very young printed on heavy
board pages instead of paper.  Great text & even better drawings.

She gave my grandson a book once on Benny Goodman, on paper, but for the
very young.  I also have "An A to Z Collection of Jazz Portraits....Jazz
A.B.Z., by Wynton Marsalis & illustrated by Paul Rogers (Walker Books).
This is a large book & probably more for 8 or 9 yr olds.

There seems to be quite a collection of these types of books out there.

Jim