[Dixielandjazz] gangster songs/tunes

John McClernan mcclernan1 at comcast.net
Sat May 12 16:00:07 PDT 2007

Colin,
I know some of these are a stretch, but it's a very limiting theme
you have given us:

Makin' Whoopee, You Always Hurt The One You Love (with the Spike
Jones sound effects, of course), Chicago, My Kind Of Town, St. James
Infirmary, Never Hit Your Grandma With A Shovel, Nobody Knows You
When You're Down And Out, Mack The Knife, Look Out For Jimmy
Valentine, That Old Gang Of Mine, Someday You'll Be Sorry, Frankie
And Johnnie, tunes from "Chicago" (such as All That Jazz), Killer
Joe, Bonnie And Clyde. That's all I can think of at the moment.
Cheers,
John