[Dixielandjazz] fights at concerts

Don Ingle dingle at nomadinter.net
Fri May 11 20:33:26 PDT 2007

Even more savage was the reaction of the audience at the first
performance of Ravel's Bolero, Fist fights, challenges for duels,
tossing of chairs and general hell broke out as the continual relentless
build of the primitive came to a final crescendo.
The only time in recent history when the French seemed willing to finish
a fight they started without being members of the Foreign Legion.
Plus tarde,
Don