[Dixielandjazz] fights at concerts

Bill Allen ballen at deltapathology.com
Fri May 11 16:34:45 PDT 2007

Well a couple of nights ago there was a slug fest at the Boston Pops.
(Should we ban the Boston Pops for inciting Riots?) Just a little historical
perspective, there were brawls when several classical composers performed
their music.  Can't remember which ones right off hand - Music History 101
was a long time ago - but Mozart pops to mind.
Larry
St. Louis

I don't know about Mozart, but - - The most famous that comes to mind was the premiere of the Firebird suite by Stravinsky, about 1916 or so. It begins with a bassoon solo in the stratospheric range of the instrument; supposedly at the first rehearsal, the bassoonist threw his instrument down and stated that the solo was unplayable.

              Save the whales. Collect the whole set.