[Dixielandjazz] Studding was Dixieland Band

Steve Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Fri May 11 14:05:03 PDT 2007

billsharp <sharp-b at clearwire.net> wrote (polite snip)

Barbone wrote: (snipped)

As a stallion, Dixieland Band is one of the leading sires in the world. He
has so far, sired about 115 stakes winners with  total earnings of over
$75,000,000 and has sired about 700 individual winners of some 2,400 races."

> Bill's Response:     Don't we all know several Dixieland Band Musicians that
> would "sire" for a lot less?  (If the filly is ugly, do they have to get him
> drunk first?) That just shows you how unfair life is, where a horse can get
> his jollies and be paid  $50,000 for his "gig" while struggling musicians
> frequently get $50 for a gig. (and may have to have liability insurance).

> In my next life I'm putting in my request to come back as a racing
> horse stud.

Barbone's thoughts: Yeah, we'd all love to get $50,000 per stud fee instead
of $50 per gig . . . but then, who among us has HIS track record? Only those
who command $50,000 per gig have it and we hate their music. :-) VBG.

Cheers,
Steve