[Dixielandjazz] Dixieland band - -the stallion

billsharp sharp-b at clearwire.net
Fri May 11 05:53:42 PDT 2007

Regarding Barbone's article":

"Almost forgot that Street Sense, winner of this year's Kentucky Derby
is the
grandson of . . . DIXIELAND BAND.

Dixieland Band is the son of Northern Dancer, out of Mississippi Mud
and now
has a live foal stud fee of $50,000. It will no doubt go up should
Street
Sense continue to win big. He is currently one of the top producing
stallions in the USA, and stands at Lane's End Farm in Versailles,
Kentucky
if anyone is interested in his kind of music.

Dixieland Band, was formerly owned by local horse people in my neck of
the
woods. During that time, we played many a party for them at venues like
the
Vicmead Hunt Club etc. As a stallion, Dixieland Band is one of the
leading
sires in the world. He has so far, sired about 115 stakes winners with
total
earnings of over $75,000,000 and has sired about 700 individual winners
of
some 2,400 races." - - - - - - -

Response:     Don't we all know several Dixieland Band Musicians that
would "sire" for a lot less?  (If the filly is ugly, do they have to
get him drunk first?)
That just shows you how unfair life is, where a horse can get his
jollies and be paid  $50,000 for his "gig" while struggling musicians
frequently get $50 for a gig. (and may have to have liability
insurance).

In my next life I'm putting in my request to come back as a racing
horse stud.

Bill (the-snow-tire-stud) Sharp