[Dixielandjazz] Louis Armstrong + Remington Shavers

David Richoux tubaman at tubatoast.com
Thu May 10 17:11:34 PDT 2007

I don't have that one, but 20 years ago at the French Quarter flea
market I found a stack of red translucent vinyl 78s with radio ads
for the Crosley Refrigerator Company featuring (mostly) the Billy
Butterfield band, Dinah Washington (and others) singing the virtues
of the Crosley Kitchen products. One side of each record had a "long
song" version and the other side had two shorter versions. They were
mostly adaptations of very standard OKOM songs.

I am not sure of the dates (don't have access to my library right
now) maybe the mid to late 1940s but nothing shows up quickly on
Google...

Dave Richoux