[Dixielandjazz] Jazz in other cities

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Wed May 9 03:14:11 PDT 2007

Dear Fred,
Did I miss it in the closely-typed small print?
8>)
'Jazz. A History Of The New York Jazz Scene'.(Samuel B Charters &
Leonard Kunstadt. 1962. Doubleday & Company. Inc.)
Or were you just concentrating on regional areas only?
And what about: 'Jazz West 2'.(K O Eckland. 1995. Donna Ewald)
Or a favourite of mine: 'Jazz Style in Kansas City and the South-west'.
(Ross Russell,1971. University of California Press.)
Perhaps even: 'Memphis Beat. The lives and Times of America's Musical
Crossroards'. (Larry Nager.1998. St Martin's Press.)
Plus one I can't find on the shelf at the moment. 'Swing Street'. All
about the New York jazz scene in the 30s-40s.
Kind regards,
Bill.