[Dixielandjazz] John Cage!

Bill Gunter jazzboard at hotmail.com
Tue May 8 05:37:24 PDT 2007

Listmates,

I hope you have all had the opportunity to listen to the wonderfully
evocative performance of "Water Walk" by composer and lecturer/teacher John
Cage.

And to think there are those petty little individuals who would refer to
Maestro Cage as a "fruit cake."  Pfaahhh! A pox upon them.

Who cannot deny the deep musical expression of the rubber duck! And that
passage wherein Cage actually drinks a glass of water . . . beautiful!

I think the reason Cage named this particular selection "Water Walk" was
because half way through at least half the audience needs to go to the
bathroom!

Respectfully submitted,

Bill "Cage is a genius!" Gunter
jazzboard at hotmail.com