[Dixielandjazz] Straight ahead jazz. was Jazz in other cities

Kay Spencer kay2840 at yahoo.com
Mon May 7 22:51:58 PDT 2007

Hi Ginny,

  Yes, I agree.  It was interesting that the website said that Dixieland was "dead", but the subsequent genre, (Chicago syle?) which had a number of the same primary named musicians, didn't get that evaluation.

  To all:  so what categories of jazz should this guy from Indiana (g) have listed?

  Kay in Gilroy

  Gluetje1 at aol.com wrote:
        Hi Kay, Thanks for posting the informative website.  Don't agree with all of it, but so it goes.  No wonder youth don't want to go near Early Jazz/Dixieland since it is described as "static".  Find that the typical stereotype, but not the reality of what I listen to.
  Ginny