[Dixielandjazz] Pete Seeger Banjo Style

Scott Anthony santh at pacbell.net
Mon May 7 17:23:51 PDT 2007

Bill,

One slight correction to what you wrote below is that plectrum tuning is
called "C" tuning on the 5-string. "Standard" 5-string tuning is with the
4th string tuned up to "D" so that the open strings play a G chord. An open
string chord on the plectrum banjo sounds terrible - it is a G-B-D chord on
the top 3 string with a C on the bottom. Yuck.

Scott Anthony