[Dixielandjazz] Heebie Jeebies///Lil Hardin Armstrong

Zerxpress at aol.com Zerxpress at aol.com
Mon May 7 14:43:17 PDT 2007

Nancy,    those good questions are beyond
my  knowing.  (And)         I  found the Joshua Berrett book to have
quite credible theories that Lil had a lot to do with some of the
Hot 5 & 7 innovations.

Re:  early scat singing
See the highly recommended book by Nick Toches WHERE DEAD VOICES
GATHER for history of pre-Heebie Jeebies scat singing.

There's a lot of great scholarly ethnomusicological books coming out  these
days.  We're in a golden era of jazz scholarship.

regards,
mark weber