[Dixielandjazz] Everybody's Gigging:

Steve Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Sun May 6 14:41:03 PDT 2007

Just returned from an Atrs Festival Park gig in West Chester. Great fun
because I also supplied the sound (like a DJ) for a group of Belly Dancers.
We played before they did and had a large crowd. However when they came on,
the crowd grew even larger. Even my band mates stayed to watch.

It was quite a show. Their shtick was getting people up to dance with them
at the end of their program. Worked as well as beads and attracted folks of
all ages. :-) VBG

Cheers,
Steve Barbone (who learned than belly dancing origins were fertility dances)