[Dixielandjazz] Struttin' With Some BBQ

Steve Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Sat May 5 17:14:38 PDT 2007

on 5/5/07 5:47 PM, Bill Haesler at bhaesler at bigpond.net.au wrote:

>> I thought that was still under debate. has it been settled?
>>
> Dear Steve,
> I never knew [another good title for a song] that there was a debate.
> If ASCAP says it is hers, that's good enough for me.
> Check out Armstrong Lillian Hardin on:
> ascap.com
> Kind regards,
> Bill.

I hear you Bill. She copyrighted it, but did she "write" it? Was there a
court case, or a settlement, or did Louis just figure the hell with it?

Lord knows, there are many copyrights on songs that were obtained by folks
other than those who wrote them. I always thought there was some debate on
who really wrote it, you know, like "Sister Kate."

I just have the feeling that somewhere, there is more of a story about
"Struttin With Some Barbecue" than the ASCAP copyright.

Cheers,
Steve