[Dixielandjazz] OKOM gig Opportunities opening soon.

tcashwigg at aol.com tcashwigg at aol.com
Thu May 3 10:11:19 PDT 2007

Hi Folks:

I have already been contacted offlist by several groups about this
situation.   There seems to be a bit of confusion so let me explain
that the gigs are not next month in June,  That is the date the
Showcase selection committee will start meeting to formulate plans for
the Jan. 2008 showcase at the Western Fairs Convention.   Yes, many of
them do book that far in advance so to be even considered you need to
have your business hat on and be ready to start submitting for
considerations in October 2007  for the 2008 season.

If any Hot acts are interested you can of course send me your
promotional materials for my War chest going into these meetings so
that I can actually make them aware that this world really does exists
and that there is indeed some great Talent out there being grossly
overlooked by them.  Does this mean that all of us are going to get the
gigs, probably not, but at least they will be made aware of us and some
will get selected for the showcase and if they are really good they
will indeed get booked a lot of dates.

I will not know until after the June meeting if there will be
opportunities for International acts on the showcase due to rules and
laws governing the State and Counties of each Fair.   I will of course
post more about it when I have the information available.

Anybody wanting to send me their materials can do so at:  And Jazz
Societies feel free to include a letter of recommendation for your
regions finest bands.   Actual gig situations will vary from fair to
fair and each situation will have it's own circumstances  and budgets
to deal with.

Tom Wiggins
Ambassadors of American Culture
1234 Laurel Lane Ste. #1
Lafayette, California 94549
1-925-952-4585

   Hi Tom,

 Congratulations on you being belatedly recognized for your talents.

  I wish you well in your endeavors. I'm sure that you will be true to
your
  principals and not sacrifice your integrity to promote inferior OKOM
bands
 just because you may be subject to pressure to do so.

 Good on you Tom.
 Cheers, Glen Page.