[Dixielandjazz] Bunny Berigan - I Can't Get Started.

AL LEVY jazz_man at ix.netcom.com
Wed Mar 28 21:10:48 PDT 2007

I sent a bunch of emails with the un-released version
Anyone else who would like to hear it.
http://alevy.com/berigan.htm
Real Audio Player required
==================
>From the liner notes

(Frank Driggs is a foremost record producer and writer. He is
currently producing the fine Bluebird re-issue series for RCA
Victor and he is completing a book on the jazz history of the
Southwest and Kansas City.)
===================
I CAN'T GET STARTED (August 7th, 1937)
For the Swing Era no other trumpet player had greater impact on
the public than the handsome, dapper leader Bunny Berigan. His
horn had first gained him fans with Benny Goodman, and then Tommy
Dorsey before he started his own band in 1937, This famous song
from a hit Broadway show (originally sung by Bob Hope of all
people) was a hit with the public and musicians alike. This
particular performance is to be treasured because it is an
unissued version made on the same day as the famous released
version. In many respects it is superior to the famous one on
Victor, but the fluff in his solo caused it to be rejected at the
time. Treasure it, it is great music.

Cheers,
Al
Pianist, Composer, Arranger, Conductor, Teacher and Music Prep.
Please visit me at
http://alevy.com