[Dixielandjazz] Bohem Ragtime and Jazz Festival

Bill Gunter jazzboard at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 28 03:35:32 PDT 2007

Hello all,

Listmate Judie Eames wrote:

>Bev Gunter will be jealous to know that "her" Hungarians led by another
>Tamas entertained us.  Tony and I heard the band for the first time many
>years ago in Sacramento and since then have had the pleasure of hearing
>them on 2 occasions in Hungary.  To be entertained by such accomplished
>musicians was a privilege.( I wish I could recall the band's name but I
>expect when Mr Gunter wakes up he'll remind us all).

I believe that would be Tamas Benyei's "Hot Jazz Band" from Budapest.
They are among the finest musicians I know and Bev will indeed be
jealous that she missed them because she thinks of them as "her personal
band."

Leader Tamas Benyei plays both trumpet and banjo and has an amazing
command of both.

All that talent in one so young . . . sheesh!

Respectfully submitted,

Bill Gunter
jazzboard at hotmail.com