[Dixielandjazz] Fw: Copyright Royalty Board Decision

Robert S. Ringwald robert at ringwald.com
Tue Mar 27 19:50:43 PDT 2007

Stanley A. Klein wrote:

 >I agree with Mike and strongly disagree with the decision of the Copyright
> Royalty Board.
>
> The only way I know of to hear OKOM broadcast is on public radio or
> Internet streaming.  Those are the sources most adversely and seriously
> affected by the CRB decision.
>
> You can't even hear OKOM on Sirius or XM satellite radio systems that
> supposedly cover a wide range of musical genres.  I've checked when I flew
> on AirTran and United, who offer these systems as their audio
> entertainment.  OKOM just isn't on their radar screens.  If I want
> entertainment while flying, I have to use my own MP3 player containing
> music loaded from CD's bought directly from the bands.
(snip)

Well, there you go.  "Music bought directly from the bands?"  Sounds good to
me.  Sure bypasses the middle man and helps us musicians who spend a lot of
money producing the CDs.  Of course, it also bypasses the
composers, publishers.  But according to several listmates, they never see
the money anyway.

--Bob Ringwald