[Dixielandjazz] Dixieland Gumbo??

David Livingston snargi01 at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 24 17:39:23 PDT 2007

Friends, because of the pending royalty fee changes, Live365.com is changing some of the ways people can access music from their service.

Below is part of an e-mail sent to me by the Live365 support staff.

--------------------------------
What We Are Doing

Immediate Live365 Listening Changes

Though we are appealing the new rates, the outcome of an appeal will take some time. In the meantime, the new rates go into effect immediately, therefore Live365 must pay higher rates beginning March 5th. These new rates have forced us to make some changes to business policy regarding listening from the Live365 website in an effort to minimize royalties and help keep down the cost of broadcasting.

These changes include:

* VIP "Are you still there?" campaign: All VIPs will receive an "Are you still there?" prompt after 8 hours that they will then need to click or the broadcast will stop.

* Non-VIP "Are you still there?" campaign: We'll also be testing different maximum listening session lengths and reminders on some non-VIP listeners.

* PRO Broadcasts only on iTunes: Personal broadcast accounts are priced based on carrying full Live365 advertising and branding. Without that branding/advertising, along with the new royalty rates, it is not financially feasible to list personal broadcasts with iTunes. Professional stations are still eligible for iTunes listing.

* Disabling of direct 3rd party player listening from Live365 website: Listeners will need to keep the Live365 Player Window open if they wish to listen via 3rd party applications such as iTunes or Winamp. Professional broadcasters will still be able to have direct 3rd party links from their own websites.

Sorry about any troubles connecting to Dixieland Gumbo.

David Livingston
Dixieland Gumbo Radio
http://www.dixielandgumbo.com

Cebuisle2 at aol.com wrote: What happened to Dixieland Gumbo tonight? I can bring up the web page, but
there is no music?

Auugghh!                             Ted