[Dixielandjazz] “The Birth of Jazz: Reviving the Music of the Bolden Era”

D and R Hardie darnhard at ozemail.com.au
Sat Mar 17 18:53:12 PDT 2007

Hi Listmates
                   As prefigured in my earlier announcement “The Birth
of Jazz: Reviving the Music of the Bolden Era” is now on sale at
www.barnesandnoble.com and other online booksellers.
                   It takes a closer look at the circumstances in which
jazz first appeared, its audience and the musical sources tapped by
Buddy Bolden and his competitors. It also describes a search to know
the unknowable – the unrecorded sound of Elemental Jazz, and how to
play it.
                  Get a copy. Tell your friends - get your local, State
or University library to buy a copy.
                  You can get more information at my homepage:

http://members.ozemail.com.au/~darnhard/EarlyJazzHistory.html

regards
Dan Hardie