[Dixielandjazz] Norrie Cox

Shortuba at aol.com Shortuba at aol.com
Thu Mar 15 13:43:10 PDT 2007

I must have missed something.
Has Norrie Cox passed away?
He was the leader of the excellent Norrie Cox New Orleans Stompers which had
Charlie Devore on cornet and the band is the subject of a new GHB label CD -
?Let me Hear Them Feet? - ref BCD-459
Brian Harvey

Brian -

Yes, Norrie passed away last week.  I played a few gigs with him when I lived
in the Chicago area.  He was mostly around the Milwaukee area, but came to
Chicago to play quite often.  Nice fellow.  He'll be missed.  I hadn't seen him
in at least 20 years due to relocation to the middle of nowhere (please see
today's "Non Sequiter" cartoon, in papers everywhere and on the net).

Always hate to see another one of us depart.

Mike Short
Party Gras Classic Jazz Band
Des Moines, IA