[Dixielandjazz] "Wake Up Bix" Plus!

Marty Nichols marnichols at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 15 07:18:00 PDT 2007

Original Message: 12
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 17:53:29 -0700
From: "Bob Romans" <cellblk7 at comcast.net>
Subject: [Dixielandjazz] Wake up Bix
To: <dixielandjazz at ml.islandnet.com>

>From the Ken Burns Documentary...great...and sad!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0X8AaAxQPDM
Warmest regards,
Bob Romans
1617 Lakeshore Drive,
Lodi, Calif., 95242
PH 209-747-1148
www.cellblockseven2002.net

------------------------------
I must agree that the overall impression I got was sadness from that video.
  I have to admit that parts of it may be not as factual as presented.

  (After all, how can I seriously trust a "series" on the history of Jazz in which
  no mention is made of J.J. Johnson?)

  Alittle personal note there, please forgive me any Ken Burns "fans."

  When I went to the Youtube link I saw another video that's abvailable
  that is not "sad" by any means. It's the "Carlings" . In about 1985 Gunhilde
  Carling was 9 and playing FANTASTIC tailgate trombone. It is well worth
  checking out.  I watched the one with "Fidgety Feet". She also  plays a great
  slide trumpet in some selections.

  Marty Nichols
  Trombone
  http://myspace.com/freemarty