[Dixielandjazz] HELP, Please

Bobolink7736 at aol.com Bobolink7736 at aol.com
Wed Mar 14 17:26:59 PDT 2007

I heard a song, awaking me from sleep, haunting, lovely, familiar but
unknown.   I have been searching and searching, singing the tune and the haunting
refrain which words came from
David Bromberg but that's all I have learned.   No one has ever heard it or
can't recognize it
(and I'm a pretty good singer if I do say so myself).   I know of no better
source for such information
than DJML.   Can you help?   Here are the words:   "A man should never
gamble, a man should never
gamble, a man should never gamble more than he can stand to lose"     Those
are the Bromberg words.   The last line could be a bit different.   I name the
name of the song and the female vocalist
and anything else I can learn.    Thanks for your help.   Best wishes to all,
boblynn