[Dixielandjazz] "Jazz" and OKOM

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 15:38:51 PDT 2007

Listening to live jazz may have unexpected effects.
In March 2006, a friend held a birthday party sith a traditional band.
 Only a few days ago, a friend of hers, who hitherto maintained taht
she hated jazz, enquired where she could hear that band because it was
so wonderful, and expressed a wish to attend our (traditional) jazz
evenings.
And by the way, ages ago people told me that they hated jazz, but
loved Dixieland.
The media, with their emphasis on "modern jazz" (the quotation marks
express my opinion on that "music"), have spoiled jazz for many who
want their music to be melodic.  We should do something about it.
BTW, our own 88FM broadcasts a lot of OKOM; out of all its  jazz
programmes, only one (2 hours) is modern, while the others include a
fair proportion of traditional (that includes swing).
Cheers