[Dixielandjazz] Remarkable coincidence (was More Cartoon music)

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Sat Mar 10 15:04:25 PST 2007

> Good Find!
 http://www.serenaders.sk/en.htm  is the group website<

Dear Dave,
I never cease to be amazed by coincidence.
I finally got around to accessing the above Bratislava Hot Stompers website
you so thoughtfully included with your reply.
In the "About The Orchestra" section the following is included:
"The Serenaders have yet another love. It is also music - Slovak music. It
was played and recorded in Bratislava and Prague in Thirties and Forties and
is focused around one name extremely popular in that period: Frantisek
Kristof Vesely. The doyen of Slovak pop-singers made famous many melodies
which are now adopted by BHS.
How about that!!!
US trombonist Ted Vesely is the subject of another current DJML thread!
Regards,
Bill (still a bit stunned).