[Dixielandjazz] Fwd: FW: new orleans

eighthst7 at aol.com eighthst7 at aol.com
Fri Mar 9 12:04:43 PST 2007

In a message dated 3/9/2007 11:13:11 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
vaughnhoffman at pobox.com writes:

This happened  on a flight getting ready to depart for New Orleans .

Jack was sitting  on the plane when a guy took the seat beside him. The guy
was an emotional  wreck, pale, hands shaking, moaning in fear.

"What's the matter?" Jack  asked. "I've been transferred to New Orleans ,
there's crazy people there.  They've got lots of shootings, gangs, race riots,
drugs, poor public  schools  and the highest crime rate."

Jack replied, "I've  lived in New Orleans all my life.  It's not as bad as
the media  says.  Find a nice home, go to work, mind your own business, enroll
your  kids in a
nice private school. It's as safe a place as anywhere in the  world."

The guy relaxed and stopped shaking and said, "Oh, thank  you. I've been
worried to death. But if you live there and say it's OK, I'll  take your word  for
it. What do you do for a living?"

"Me?" said  Jack. "I'm a tail gunner on a Budweiser  truck."

------  End of Forwarded Message