[Dixielandjazz] For the bones out there

d.sleeman d.sleeman at hccnet.nl
Wed Mar 7 09:02:57 PST 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: "David Dustin" <postmaster at fountainsquareramblers.org>
To: <dixielandjazz at ml.islandnet.com>
Sent: Wednesday, March 07, 2007 2:34 PM
Subject: Re: [Dixielandjazz] For the bones out there

David wrote a.o.:

>> Maybe I should be ( .. bashful .. ) if
>> I¹m standing next to Curtis Fuller or Konrad Herwig or Tom Artin, or even
>> this list¹s Dick Sleeman (kudos to a master) but I¹ve never heard complaints
>> from bandmates regardless of the jazz genre I happen to be working in.

In my wildest dreams I could never have guessed that someday, somebody would mention my name together with such great players ...

Why THANK you, David!

Humbly,

Dick Sleeman, Lelystad, Holland. <d.sleeman at hccnet.nl>

"...Of all the musical instruments in use today, the trombone is one of,
 if not THE most difficult of instruments. I know, 'cause I have one..."

  (Dewsnap in "THE TROMBONE", December 10, 2002)